Loyola Village Elementary School
Loyola Village Fine and Performing Arts Magnet Center
Registration is currently open for all students applying to Loyola Village Elementary School. Please visit the school office to pick up a Registration Packet. You will need the following items to complete registration:
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate, Passport, Health/Vital Statistics Affidavit
- ORIGINAL Immunization Record (Shot Record). Must include Hep. B series (3) and Mantoux TB test (within past year prior to entry)
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE Original Electric or Gas Bill, Affidavit, Rental Agreement or Escrow papers **No Telephone Bill Accepted**
- PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP
- PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION
- REQUIRED FORMS: All Kindergarten and First Grade students are required to submit an Orange Health Card (completed by a private physician) and the Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form. In addition, any Second through Fifth Grade students from out of state are also required to complete these forms.
Registration for Loyola Village Fine & Performing Arts Magnet Center is handled through a lottery system. The lottery is conducted at the LAUSD main offices and Loyola Village does not have input as to which students are accepted. The process begins in mid-December with the publication of the Choices brochure. Available at any LAUSD school in December, Choices describes all available Magnet schools in LAUSD and allows students to apply to a single school. Find out more about how Choices works.
8:15 a.m. – 2: 30 p.m. daily, except Tuesdays
8:15 am. – 1: 30 p.m. Tuesdays only
Magnet Recess: 10:00 - 10:20 a.m. (Short/Min 10:00 -10:10 a.m.)
Magnet Lunch: 11:45 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
(Short/Min 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m./11:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
Traditional Recess: 10:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Short/Min 10:30 -10:40 a.m.)
Traditional Lunch: 12:25 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
(Short/Min 12:25 - 12:55 p.m./12:10 - 12:30 p.m.)
Yard Supervision begins at 7:55 a.m. Students should arrive at school between 7:55 a.m. and 8:10 a.m. Students may NOT arrive before 7:55 a.m. and wait on the yard unsupervised. Parents who require an earlier morning drop off should contact STAR.
Breakfast is served from 7:55 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in the cafeteria. Full price breakfast is $.60, reduced price is free. Lunch: full price is $1.00, reduced price is $.40.
Dismissal: Parents of Kindergarten students are requested to promptly pick up their children at the Kindergarten gate. The teachers will release the children to their parents. For safety, students will not be permitted to walk unaccompanied from the Kindergarten yard to the sidewalk.
Bus Transportation Information: for bus location, call Dispatch at 800.LA.Buses. For other information, please contact Ms. Wells, Area Bus Supervisor at 310.258.2060.
Los Angeles Unified School District and Loyola Village encourage the participation of family and community members in school activities and programs. We invite the active involvement of our school community, and we have established the following Visitors’ Policy.
ALL CAMPUS VISITORS MUST:
Sign the Visitors’ Log on the front counter of the main office upon arrival with your name, the time, and the purpose of your visit. Obtain the principal’s/designee’s approval before proceeding into the campus. If you wish to observe in your child’s classroom, please follow these guidelines.
• Determine the classroom activity you wish to observe. Observations should be reasonable in length and frequency. “Reasonable” is interpreted to mean one lesson (approximately 30 minutes in length).
• Request an appointment for the observation from the main office staff.
• After the classroom observation, you may wish to schedule an appointment with the teacher and/or principal. The office staff will assist you. Receive a yellow visitor’s permit and an additional Classroom Observation Badge, if applicable.Before leaving campus, return the yellow visitor’s permit and the Classroom Observation Badge to the main office. Sign out with the time in the Visitors’ Log.
PROCEDURES FOR CLASSROOM OBSERVATIONS:
• Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible.
• Silence all electronic devices and place them out of sight.
• Do not converse with the students, the teacher, and/or instructional aides.
• Do not interfere with any school activity.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND ON GOING SUPPORT FOR STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT!